- Our Mission
- Capital Defender
- Central Office
- Circuit Public Defender Offices
- Office of the Mental Health Advocate
- Training Resources
- Agendas & Minutes
Position: Assistant Public Defender I
Location: Conasauga Judicial Circuit
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Conasauga Circuit has a County paid Asst. Public Defender I position opening in January, 2016. This position comes with a salary supplement. Applicants must be a member of the Georgia Bar.
Prior experience is preferred but is not a prerequisite. Interested parties are to contact Mike McCarthy, CPD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Post Office Box 548 Dalton, Ga. 30722-0548.
Location: Paulding Judicial Circuit
Deadline: December 15, 2015
The Paulding Circuit Public Defender Office is seeking an investigator. This position will hand both felony and misdemeanor case investigations for the Paulding Public Defender’s Office.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Sufficient investigation experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with an apprenticeship/internship or having a had a similar position for one to two years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice field
- Prior Law Enforcement experience
- Working knowledge of computers and communications skills
- Must be proficient in report writing
- Bi-lingual – Spanish a plus.
NOTE: This position serves at the pleasure of the Chief Public Defender for Paulding County and is not a Paulding County BOC Civil Service Position.
STAFF: Log in to our intranet
CONTRACT ATTORNEYS: Log in to our extranet
Click HERE to view the Consent Decree in Flournoy et al v. Georgia et al
APPLICATIONS FOR SERVICES AND PROCEDURES FOR DETERMINING INDIGENCE
- Procedure for Verification of Indigence
- Guidelines and Procedure for Indigency Verification Systems and Application to Continue to Retain Funds
- Guidelines for Determining Qualification of Applicants
- 2016 Poverty Guidelines
- Application for Services in English
- Application for Services in English - print only
- Application for Services in Spanish - print only
- Dependent Supplement
- Dependent Supplement - print only
- Approval Form
- Approval Form- print only
- Sample Juvenile Application Form (Word file)